Staging your home before listing is a very important role in the selling process. Staging makes it much easier for prospective buyers to see themselves living there. Some of the most important rooms to focus on staging are the living room, kitchen, dining room and the master bedroom. Staging your home can also potentially increase the dollar value you will be offered. You may even decrease the amount of time your home is on the market. Some of the most common home improvements you can make are below:
- Grab the buyer’s attention as soon as they pull up to your property. Adding flower pots, weeding and mowing the lawn and pressure washing the deck or sidewalk are a few things you can so to spruce up your homes curb appeal. The outside of your home is the buyers first impression of it. We want to make it a good one!
Make your home sparkle!
- This is another very important part of staging and selling your home. Get your home professionally cleaned or clean it from top to bottom yourself. Remember buyers will look in the cupboards, under your sinks and in your closets!
- Depersonalizing your home helps the buyers picture themselves and their family living there. It is also a distraction for buyers when they walk into a home and see family pictures.
Fix the small things
- Be sure to fix all squeaky doors, paint chips, and any broken fixtures.
Brighten up your home
- Go through your home before listing and replace burnt out or old dull lights with a brighter light. In the winter, more times than not buyers are going to view your home when it is dark out. You want to make your home as bright as possible. You may even go as far as changing out some light fixtures.
Apply a fresh coat of paint
- Putting a fresh coat of paint in your property may be one of the least expensive ways to spruce up your home. Even though you may love your hot pink master bedroom applying a neutral color to the walls will help the buyers picture themselves in your home better.
If you would like a $100 off home consultation gift card with Ornamentation’s Amanda Sercerchi please contact me today!